Today’s free book is a collection of essays by William Cunningham on the reformers and their theology. This public domain title was digitised from the copy of the book held in Spurgeon’s College library.
William Cunningham [1805-1861], The Reformers; and the Theology of the Reformation. Edinburgh: T & T Clark, 1862. Hbk. pp.616. [Click here to visit the download page for this title]
Table of Contents
- Leaders of the Reformation
- The Reformers and the Doctrine of Assurance
- Melancthon and the Theology of the Church of England
- Zwingli and the Doctrine of the Sacraments
- John Calvin
- Calvin and Beza
- Calvinism and Armianism
- Calvinism and the Doctrine of Philosophical Necessity
- Calvinism and the Practical Application
- The Reformers and the Lessons from their History
Main image: Ulrich Zwingli, Thomas Cranmer and John Calvin. Original images from Wikipedia.